I'm obsessed with a few things in life. My camera. My Jesus. My kids. And a good book married with a bag of chocolate. Milk - not dark.
My blog, B. Life is a combination of those things - the things I love about life. The things that allow me to BE LIFE to others and enjoy life myself. Things like...
Capturing moments of bliss from behind a lens (and learning to shoot in manual).
|here, here, and here|
Reliving painful memories from my past to encourage people in my present.
|Healing Rain, Superheroes, Miscarriage, Peace|
And spreading hope and life to those in need through my business: Better Life Bags.
For every bag that YOU design at Better Life Bags, I loan 10% of it to low income entrepreneurs in developing countries through Kiva.
We've been able to loan over $2,000 over the past 3 years to the people you see here!
But enough about me.
I also LOVE to craft on my blog, so I'd love to share my most recent project with you all!
A personalized bunting made from an old children's book, burlap and twine!
|Children's Book, Glue Gun, Twine, Burlap, Exacto Knife, Scissors, and Letters printed on cardstock.|
1. Using an exacto knife, cut out the pages from the children's book that you'd like to use as your bunting background.
2. Cut out the letters from cardstock and use them as stencils/patterns on paper of your choice.
3. Cut out squares of burlap slightly larger than your letters. Fray the edges.
4. Use hot glue to adhere each letter to the center of the frayed burlap square.
5. Adhere the burlap square onto the book page by placing hot glue on the back of the letter. This will prevent glue from seeping through the burlap holes.
6. Place the burlap square onto the book page.
7. I created a template to cut a triangle from the bottom of each page to make the bunting look like a flag. Just line up the template and cut off the extra!
8. Punch two holes about 2" in from each side.
9. String twine from back to front through each of the flags.
10. Tie a bow at each end.
11. Hang to enjoy!
I'd love to get to know you, too. You can find me here:
(Follow me in one of the above ways and I'll send you a free gift... just email me - firstname.lastname@example.org - telling me you follow along!)
Thanks for having me, Allison!
Thanks so much for sharing Rebecca!!