I have teamed up with lots of other fabulous bloggers to bring you the Fall edition of the Progressive Dinner Party.
The theme for this edition is Comfort Foods... mmmm!
And thanks to our fabulous sponsors, Black Gold Farms, Park and Main, Le Creuset, and Magimix, you can enter to win a prize pack worth $904!
With the weather getting cooler, I LOVE to pull out the slow cooker and make some yummy meals with it and today's meal is one of our favorites.
Slow Cooker Pork Roast
I just love being able to prepare the meat in the morning, throw it in the slow cooker, and forget about it until dinner time!
Makes things so easy especially as schedules get much busier during the fall season.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 6 to 8 hours depending on how you set your slow cooker
Ingredients for Pork Roast:
-Lawry's Seasoned Salt
-1 packet of Onion Soup Mix
1. Rinse your pork roast and pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Season with the garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and Lawry's Salt to your taste. I put a generous amount on the pork and rub it in with my hand.
3. Place meat in slow cooker. If you have a fattier side on your meat, I like to place that side on top so the fat drips down over the meat as it cooks to keep it moist.
4. Cut 1 or 2 slices of your onion and cut into chunks. Place on and around your pork roast in the slow cooker.
5. Mix the onion soup mix with the recommended amount of water and pour over and around the pork roast.
6. Cover and turn on your slow cooker for the amount of time you want it to cook.
I usually cook my roast for 6 hours.
Once your meat is complete, pull it out and it is ready to serve.
Normally it is so tender that it just falls apart as I pull my roast out of the slow cooker so I just continue to pull the rest apart.
Serve with your favorite sides or you can even serve it up on a bun as BBQ.
Whatever you like!
from top to bottom, left to right
Chicken and Dumplings from Kokocooks
Mini Chicken Pot Pies from Katie's Cucina
Smoked Tri Tip Soup from Yellow Bliss Road
Slow Cooker Chili and Cornbread from Clean and Scentsible
Jambalaya Risotto from Sweet C's Designs
Chicken Tortilla Soup from Craft Quickies
Bacon Meatloaf and Seasoned Potatoes from Sweet Rose Studio
Slow Cooker Pot Roast from A Glimpse Inside
Taco Pie from Balancing Home
Boiled Potatoes with Cream and Dill from Cook the Story
Browned Butter Apple Crisp from White House Black Shutters
Caramel Apple Cake from The Lilypad Cottage
Decadent Low Calorie Pumpkin Chai Latte from Ella Claire
Toffee Caramel Apple Cake from A Pumpkin and a Princess
Homemade Donuts from Crazy Little Projects
Now on to the giveaway!
One lucky winner will win this fabulous prize pack worth $904!! WOW!!
- Magimix by Robot-Coupe 3200XL 12-Cup Food Processor in Shiny Chrome, $379.95
This is an exclusive new food processor package in a brand new shiny chrome finish only available at Chefs Catalog. This model also comes with a citrus press, perfect for extracting fresh juice from citrus fruits.
- KitchenAid Stainless Steel 6-Quart Slow Cooker from Black Gold Farms.
Black Gold Farms is a third generation family farm with roots in North Dakota. They have grown to be a trusted and innovative leader in potato production as a grower of chipping potatoes for potato chip companies around the country and now fresh potatoes for you – including their new line of Red Potatoes featuring McCormick spices for roasting.
- 5.5QT Round French Oven from Le Creuset, $275
- Ball Jam/Jelly Maker, $99.99
from Park and Main
a Rafflecopter giveaway